Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Trainee Production Operators and Trainee Instrument Technicians
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of process control systems
This course has 7 sections:
Section 1: Open and Closed Loops
Section 2: Process Control Hardware
Section 3: Process Control Lag
Section 4: Control Modes
Section 5: Fault Finding Techniques
Section 6: Distributed Control Systems
Section 7: SIS and Cause and Effects
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have an overview of process control systems
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe what is meant by ‘Process Control’
• Describe control loops
• Describe detecting elements
• Describe the controlling element
• Describe the correcting element
• Describe level control hardware
• Describe flow control hardware
• Describe pressure control hardware
• Describe temperature control hardware
• Describe process lag characteristics
• Identify process lag characteristics
• Describe measurement lag
• Describe transmission lag
• Describe two-step control mode
• Describe two-step control applications
• Describe proportional control
• Identify ‘offset’ in proportional control
• Describe integral action
• Describe proportional control with integral action
• Describe derivative action
• Describe the combination of proportional, integral and derivative actions
• Describe cascade control
• Describe split range control
• Describe override control
• Describe ratio control
• Describe tuning the controller
• Describe fault finding techniques
• Describe fault finding safety precautions
• Describe Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
• Describe SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems
• Describe Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
• Describe a Cause and Effects Matrix
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV