Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Safe Driving at Work - Part 1 - Driving Safety Training course is aimed at individuals who are required to drive abroad while travelling for business. The course is particularly aimed at those driving in the Middle East.
Is previous experience required?
It is assumed that you have passed your driving test and are qualified to drive.
How will the course benefit me?
Driving is the world’s most common cause of work-related deaths, injuries and absences from work. This course will give you a basic overview of risks involved in driving, including local hazards, and the vehicle safety features in place to protect you.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day driving and if you are required to drive abroad. It will also indicate relevant local information for driving in the Middle East.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of driving abroad, you contribute to making the roads a safer place for yourself, your passengers, and other road users. This can result in fewer incidents and injuries when driving for work.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
Delegates who have completed this course must have gained an understanding of:
• Local driving-related laws and regulations, environment, culture and local conditions
• The legal documents that must be carried with the vehicle
• The risks involved in day-to-day driving
• Common causes of road collisions
• Local driving hazards and factors that can affect driver’s ability to drive
• Vehicle safety features
• Various road signs and road markings identification
• Company driving policy and standards (if required by a company)
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.