Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Safe Driving at Work - Part 2 - Driver Journey Management Training course is aimed at individuals who are required to drive abroad while travelling for business. The course is particularly aimed at those driving in the Middle East.
Is previous experience required?
It is assumed that you have passed your driving test and are qualified to drive. This is Part 2 of our Safe Driving at Work course so the content on local driving hazards and vehicle safety features covered in Part 1 is assumed knowledge for this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Your attitude to driving, risk-taking and vehicle maintenance can influence your likelihood of being involved in a traffic accident. This course will give you a basic overview of how attitude affects driving behaviour and how you can adopt safe driving techniques to reduce risk.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day driving and if you are required to drive abroad. It will also indicate the importance of journey planning and preparation.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the influence that your attitude and actions can have on your driving behaviours, you contribute to making the roads a safer place for yourself, your passengers, and other road users. A reduction in incidents means fewer incidents and injuries when driving for work.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
To give the learner an understanding of:
• The importance of vehicle maintenance and using roadworthiness checks
• Vehicle familiarization procedures
• The importance of pre-planning the journey
• Vehicle breakdown and emergency procedures
• Vehicle refueling
• How to carry out a pre-trip inspection and vehicle familiarization
• Safe driving techniques and road procedures
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".