Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to carry out work tasks on electrical systems, or who are involved in the design of electrical systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Electrical systems have the potential to cause damage to assets and harm to personnel, so it's important that safety is considered from the start. This course will give you a basic understanding of the safety issues that should be addressed during the design, engineering and construction phases of electrical projects.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities working with electrical systems. It will also indicate the role that operation and maintenance engineers play in the design of electrical systems.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you understand how electrical systems are designed with safety in mind, you are better able to work safely with these systems which can help to prevent incidents are your workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the safety issues that should be addressed during the design, engineering and construction phases of a project
• Describe what needs to be done to ensure adherence to the safety issues addressed
• Identify the proper procedure for assessing and approving equipment
• Explain electrical equipment rating
• Explain cable de-rating factors
• Describe proper installation practices
• Describe the role of the operation and maintenance engineer
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,