SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Task Risk Assessment Training course is aimed at individuals required to work on tasks that are controlled using a risk assessment process, or who are involved in risk-assessing tasks. The course is also suitable for those who need an overview of the process.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course as it is aimed at people new to task risk assessment.
How will the course benefit me?
Risk-assessing tasks enables you to put controls in place to reduce the risk and help prevent incidents and injuries. This course introduces task risk assessment and provides an overview of the process.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you understand the need to assess tasks and spot hazards so that they can be prevented. It will identify your responsibilities and allow you to work safely.
How will the course benefit my company?
By being able to contribute to the task risk assessment process, you can help prevent incidents and maintain the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. Task risk assessment is a key part of creating a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
How will I be assessed?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what a Task Risk Assessment is
• Identify the benefits of using Task Risk Assessments
• Describe the general responsibilities of employers for completing a Task Risk Assessment
• Explain the general responsibilities of employees with respect to Task Risk Assessment
• Explain the importance of training in Task Risk Assessment
• State that legal requirements and regulations apply and identify where to find information about them
• Define the key Task Risk Assessment terminology
• Identify the types of hazards that must be considered
• Describe the types of impact a hazard may have
• Explain how risk can be given a value
• Explain how the severity or hazard effect impacts risk assessment
• Describe how likelihood impacts risk assessment
• Explain how to assess if a TRA is required and, if so, what level of TRA is needed
• Describe how to form the TRA team and what roles need to be filled
• Identify the areas on a Risk Assessment form and describe their purpose
• Outline the stages involved in creating a TRA
• Describe the importance of risk control measures
• Outline the risk control measure hierarchy
• Explain the implications of residual risk
• Describe how to determine residual risks and risk ratings
• Describe how to reduce residual risks and risk ratings
• Explain the importance of a TRA being reviewed and signed off
• Explain the importance of communicating and agreeing the TRA through a Toolbox talk
• Describe how a Hazard Recognition and Toolbox Talk card can be used
• Explain the concept of dynamic risk assessment
• Describe the importance of situational awareness
• Identify the sort of situations where risks may need to be re-assessed
• Explain the importance of supporting stopping the task when necessary
• Describe why, after a task is complete, the TRA should be reviewed
• Describe the common mistakes that can reduce the effectiveness of the Task Risk Assessment Process
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
Mintra has partner with learning provider Furuno Maritime Training and expanded its comprehensive Generic and Type-Specific ECDIS portfolio
Mintra’s Chief Technology Officer will be speaking at the annual ARuVR learning and development Summit in London on the 13th of June 2023.
Mintra’s Innovation Director will be presenting at the third consecutive annual Crew Welfare Week, taking place from 22-22 June 2023.