Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require an introduction to well integrity. The course is particularly suited to those new to the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Although primarily concerned with the operation and maintenance of a well, well integrity also plays a critical role in the prevention of incidents. This course will give you a basic understanding of well integrity programmes and procedures, as well as the roles and responsibilities involved in maintaining well integrity.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to have a better understanding of the potential well integrity risks to personnel and how these can be prevented. It will also introduce the different barriers of well integrity protection.
The course consists of two modules; Module 1: The Importance of Well Integrity - Module 2: Well Integrity Programmes and Procedures
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the hazards to well integrity, you can help keep wells maintained and operating correctly, while also reduce the risk of an incident occurring at your worksite.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define well integrity
• Explain the importance of well integrity
• Explain why well integrity is ignored
• Explain why awareness of well integrity needs to be raised
• Identify the seven Well Integrity Minimum Expectations
• Define the Accountable Person
• Explain the importance of having a clearly defined Well Integrity Accountable Person
• Explain how the Engineering Authority is involved in Well Integrity Expectations
• Explain how the Technical Authority is involved in Well Integrity Expectations
• Identify the different Well Operating procedures
• Define Well Intervention Procedures
• Explain why well intervention activities need to be carefully controlled
• Identify the different Well Intervention Procedures utilised on wells
• Define a Tubular Casing Integrity Programme
• Explain the need for a Tubular Casing Integrity Programme at your asset
• Define the Tree and Wellhead Inspection, Maintenance Test Programme
• Explain the need for a Tree and Wellhead Inspection, Maintenance, Test Programme
• Identify the scope of the Tree and Wellhead Inspection, Maintenance, Test Programme for your asset
• Define a DHSV and Annular DHSV Integrity Programme
• Explain the need for a DHSV and Annular DHSV Integrity Programme
• Identify the scope of the DHSV and Annular DHSV Integrity Programme for your asset
• Define the Drilling and Well Operations Policy
• Identify the minimum requirements for a Drilling and Well Operations Policy
• Explain how this policy fits with the other Well Integrity Expectations
• Illustrate the Barrier Model
Digital learning and human capital management software specialist Mintra has secured a NOK 1.76 million contract with a service provider for the...
From the surprise announcement by the USA and China of a joint declaration to