RoSPA and CPD accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to work at height, risk assess work at height activities, or select equipment for working at height.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Falls from height can cause serious or even fatal injuries. This course provides an overview of the hazards involved in working at height, and an awareness of how these are assessed and controlled.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe when you are required to carry out work at height activities. It will also enable you to select appropriate access equipment for a task and ensure that you are aware of how to use the various access methods safely.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of working at height, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Define working at height
• Recognise common hazards when working at height
• Identify control measures that can reduce risk when working at height
• Outline how to choose access equipment
• Describe how to use ladders safely
• Explain how to use scaffolding safely
• Outline how to use mobile elevated working platforms safely
• Describe how to carry out rope access tasks safely
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation