Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals in the oil and gas industry who require an overview of back-up power supply systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Back-up power supply systems ensure that critical systems, such as the fire and gas system, can keep running in the event of main power system failure. This course will give you in introduction to uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and battery systems.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to appreciate that the safety systems at your worksite are protected from power failure so that they will continue to operate and keep you safe during an emergency situation. It will also enable you to work safely with UPS and battery systems.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the how back-up power systems operate, you are better able to work with them safely and help to carry out the necessary maintenance checks required to detect faults.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the function of a UPS
• Describe the operation of UPS
• Describe the purpose of the rectifier
• Describe the purpose of the inverter
• Describe the purpose of the bypasses
• Identify about battery systems
• Identify battery types and function
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...