Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Container Lashing Safe Use & Inspection Training course is aimed at all crew and personnel who work on container ships and/or ships where containers are secured on board for stowage.
Is previous experience required?
It would be an advantage, however, this course acts as an introduction for someone who is about to be trained in container lashing safe use and inspection or for those working on shore in stowage.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an awareness of how containers are secured on board and how the equipment is used and maintained.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following best practices as detailed in national and international legislation as well as company procedures.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) in respect to carriage of cargo, and the Cargo Securing Manual.
• International Safety Management (ISM) Code &; safety and pollution prevention, emergency procedures including safe handling of cargo and maintenance of lashing equipment.
• International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the regulatory and legislative controls relating to shipping containers and related equipment
• Describe the purpose and functionality of shipping containers
• Explain semi-standardised and non-standardised cargo
• Explain how shipping containers are identified
• Describe the process of stacking shipping containers
• Explain what should be done with damaged shipping containers
• Explain which container securing arrangements are used on board
• Give an overview of how equipment is stowed
• Describe the purpose of Cargo Loading Software
• Explain how equipment is maintained and inspected
• Describe parametric rolling and why it is a concern
• Identify safety measures to protect the crew and shoreside personnel
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.