Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to carry out a work task or visit an asset where the release of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is possible.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic gas and is a major hazard in the oil and gas industry. This course will give you a basic understanding of the properties of hydrogen sulfide and how to respond if a release occurs.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and if there is an accidental release. It will also indicate your actions on finding someone affected by hydrogen sulfide.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of hydrogen sulfide, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Recall what H2S is and why it is dangerous
• Recall where H2S is most likely to be encountered in the workplace
• State the main characteristics of H2S
• Recall the impact of the characteristic odour released by H2S
• State the H2S exposure limits
• Describe the adverse health effects of H2S
• Recall the importance of being aware of the wind direction at work
• Recall what safety precautions to take when working in an H2S risk area
• Recall what action to take in the event of an H2S incident
• Describe how to help others who are involved in an H2S incident
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
The Work Shop Pte Ltd has been appointed as a partner to support sales in the region