Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all personnel involved in operations involving the use of seals, particularly those who are expected to undertake related duties in the workplace.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the role and application of seals and gaskets
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have an overview of the role and application of seals and gaskets
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the function and purpose of gaskets
• Identify the main types of gaskets
• Outline the factors to consider when selecting a gasket
• Describe the factors to consider when fitting a gasket
• Explain the function and purpose of mechanical seals
• Outline the main components of a mechanical seal
• Identify the main types of mechanical seals
• Identify common causes of mechanical seal failure
• Describe the processes involved in fitting a mechanical seal
• Identify different types of gas seals
• Explain the purpose and function of packing
• Identify different types of packing
• Describe the factors to consider when using packing
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV