Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Behaviour Based Safety (Maritime) Training course is suitable for all Maritime personnel.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Understanding behaviour based safety helps to enhance individual safety behaviours in the workplace.
How will the course benefit my company?
Understanding behaviour based safety helps to increase the safety of the workforce and enhance the safety of the workplace to allow us to operate in the safest possible environment.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the human error factor in maritime incidents and accidents
• Explain the behaviour based safety and why it is important
• Explain the origin of applied behaviour analysis
• Describe the ABC Model
• Explain the DuPont Bradley Curve and how it works
• Describe risk-taking behaviour
• Identify personal responsibilities
• Describe the main steps to carry out a Behaviour Based Safety program
• Describe the legal obligations to report Identified unsafe behaviours
• Describe how to give and receive constructive feedback
• Explain how to adopt a safety culture on board
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...