Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All officers involved in the navigational watch.
Is previous experience required?
Previous navigational knowledge is recommended but is not required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing a well-rounded view of best navigational practices to ensure safe navigation.
How will the course benefit my company?
By improving the way officers combine equipment and human elements on the bridge to reduce the risk of incidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
• The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
• The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL)
• The International Regulation’s for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS)
• IMO Resolution A.893(21) Guidelines for Voyage Planning
• IMO Resolution A.999(25) Guidelines on Voyage Planning for Passenger Ships Operating in Remote Areas
• Vessel Inspection Questionnaires for Oil Tankers, Combination Carriers, Shuttle Tankers, Chemical Tanker and Gas Tankers (VIQ)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of The Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operations (SIGTTO)
• Explain the purpose of SIGTTO
• Explain the purpose of the SIGTTO competency matrices
• Describe how to use the SIGTTO competency matrices
• Explain the purpose of the SIGTTO experience matrices
• Describe how the SIGTTO experience matrices should be applied
• Explain why it is useful for operators to keep records of personnel training information
• Give an overview of the SIGTTO membership
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,