Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All relevant personnel.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course provides drug and alcohol awareness, information on company policies, and the effects of alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, and the abuse of prescription drugs.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a basic understanding of the drug and alcohol awareness, information on company policies, and the effects of alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, and the abuse of prescription drugs.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Identify various types of common drugs
• Be familiar with drug and alcohol laws and regulations
• Find company policies on alcohol and controlled substances
• Explain the various methods of alcohol and drug testing routinely used in the workplace
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation