Buy and assign to
via email link
Course Goal: This Harassment & Bullying (Maritime) Training course intends to provide seafarers with the knowledge to spot harassment and bullying and what steps to follow if they wish to report an incident.
Who is the course for?
Is previous experience required?
How will the course benefit me?
This course intends to provide seafarers with the knowledge to spot harassment and bullying and what steps to follow if they wish to report an incident.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will help to eliminate harassment and bullying within Shipping Companies.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Maritime Labour Convention
Is there an assessment?
• Describe the contributing factors that can mentally affect a seafarer whilst at sea
• Describe the different types of harassment
• Describe examples of bullying
• Describe how harassment and bullying can affect a seafarer
• Outline the impact of harassment and bullying on a Shipping Company
• Explain what a policy on harassment and bullying should include
• Identify the responsibilities of seafarers in eliminating harassment and bullying
• Describe the steps a seafarer should take to report a harassment or bullying related incident
• Give an overview of how Shipping Companies and Seafarer Organisations can raise awareness on harassment and bullying
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Today, only little more than 1 per cent of the global seafaring workforce is female. Whilst this is an impressive 45 per cent