Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This IMO Conventions & Codes Training Course is suitable for all personnel who require knowledge and/or refreshed on IMO Codes and their application.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course gives the learner the basic understanding and awareness of the maritime industry’s core conventions and codes as they apply to safety and pollution prevention
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a basic understanding and awareness of the maritime industry’s core conventions and codes as they apply to safety and pollution prevention.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Overview of the IMO Conventions; STCW, SOLAS, MARPOL, BALLAST WATER, COLREG, ILO AND MLC
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give an overview of IMO Conventions and Codes
• Describe relevant laws, regulations and authorities
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones