Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Training course is suitable for all personnel who work in the maritime industry and would benefit from an awareness of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by ensuring that all relevant personnel have an understanding of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, the security attacks that can occur at sea and how to act in an emergency situation.
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
• Identify common maritime security threats
• Explain the importance of port facility security plans
• Describe security threat levels and ship security plans
• Give an overview of the actions to take in the event of an emergency situation
• Explain how to develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the port
• Explain how to implement effective search mechanisms and security controls
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones