Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Introduction to Scrubbers Training course is suitable for Officers and Crew.
Is previous experience required?
No, but basic maritime engineering knowledge is recommended.
How will the course benefit me?
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the operation and use of an exhaust gas cleaning system (Scrubbers).
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will provide the learners with basic knowledge about scrubbers and scrubber operations.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• MARPOL Annex VI
• OCIMF guide for Implementation of Sulphur Oxide Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the international requirements relating to scrubber technology
• Describe the basic operation of scrubbers
• Identify the component parts of a scrubber system and explain their purpose
• Give an overview of the differences between different scrubber systems
• Describe the challenges associated with scrubber operation
End of courses assessment with a 70% pass mark.
Course by maritime SME Martyn Thomas will increase basic seafarer knowledge on new technology for the industry
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...