Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for:
Maritime personnel, onshore and offshore.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
The course looks at the purpose of the ISM code which is to maintain safety in international shipping, reduce pollution from vessels, protect the exterior environment and prevent injury or loss of human life.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the knowledge of the purpose of the ISM code.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe what the ISM code is
• Descibe who the ISM code applies to
• Explain what audits are, and why we have them
• Be familiar with the applicable conventions and regulations governing the maritime industry
• Identify correct documentation in relation to the ISM code
• Explain how and why the ISM code is implemented in the management system
• Explain the purpose of the ISM code
• Describe what the ISM code says about deviation management
• Describe how the ISM code is structured
• Describe The Master's responsibility in relation to the ISM code
• Describe the company's responsibility in relation to the ISM code
• Be familiar with governing documentation on board
• Explain how to report and assess deviations
• Explain how to get the necessary certifications from the port facilities
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation