Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel who require an introduction to or awareness of MARPOL.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to the MARPOL Convention and each of its six annexes.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are familiar with the MARPOL Convention and each of its six annexes.
What standards are referred to in this course?
IMO's Marine Pollution (MARPOL) convention.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the responsibilities of the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
• Outline the history of the MARPOL Convention
• Give examples of how pollution can enter seas and oceans
• Give an overview of each of the six MARPOL annexes
• Explain how the MARPOL Convention is enforced to seafarers
• Describe the impact of marine pollution on sea life
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
This course is DNV-ST-008 certified. The standard intends to ensure that training courses certified in accordance with this standard are properly designed, meet applicable requirements regarding contents, contain clear objectives for results, are delivered by qualified trainers and assessed and improved in line with market demands and experience.
Today, only little more than 1 per cent of the global seafaring workforce is female. Whilst this is an impressive 45 per cent