SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Mooring Safety Training - DNV Certified course is aimed at Deck officers, ratings and other crew onboard.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of safe line handling during mooring, docking, and berthing operations.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are familiar with Mooring Safety and mooring operations.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain how mooring safety is being improved
• Recognize the commonest and the different types of mooring injuries
• Describe what to consider when preparing for mooring operations
• Describe how mooring teams are organized
• Describe what makes mooring a hazardous ship operation
• Explain what contributes to mooring incidents
• Describe the hazard of Snap-Back Zones
• Describe the basic hazards of mooring equipment and the basic characteristics of synthetic mooring lines
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
This course is DNV-ST-008 certified. The standard intends to ensure that training courses certified in accordance with this standard are properly designed, meet applicable requirements regarding contents, contain clear objectives for results, are delivered by qualified trainers and assessed and improved in line with market demands and experience.
Mintra has partner with learning provider Furuno Maritime Training and expanded its comprehensive Generic and Type-Specific ECDIS portfolio
Mintra’s Chief Technology Officer will be speaking at the annual ARuVR learning and development Summit in London on the 13th of June 2023.
Mintra’s Innovation Director will be presenting at the third consecutive annual Crew Welfare Week, taking place from 22-22 June 2023.