Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Deck officers, ratings and other crew onboard.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an understaind of safe line handling during mooring, docking, and berthing operations.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are familiar with Mooring Safety and mooring operations.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain how mooring safety is being improved
• Recognize the commonest and the different types of mooring injuries
• Describe what to consider when preparing for mooring operations
• Describe how mooring teams are organized
• Describe what makes mooring a hazardous ship operation
• Explain what contributes to mooring incidents
• Describe the hazard of Snap-Back Zones
• Describe the basic hazards of mooring equipment and the basic characteristics of synthetic mooring lines
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation