SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Noise Awareness Online (Maritime) Training course is suitable for all maritime personnel
Is previous experience required?
You do not previous experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing you with an awareness of how loud noise can have a detrimental effect on your hearing
How will the course benefit my company?
By protecting personnel from hearing loss and improving communication
What standards are referenced in the course?
Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency’s Code of Safe Working Practices for Seamen.
Is there an assessment?
• Describe what noise-induced hearing loss is, and identify the early warning signs and symptoms to look out for
• Explain the workings of the human ear, how noise exposure causes damage, and the effects of such damage
• Explain the responsibilities and duties of shipowners and seafarers
• Explain how noise is measured and identify the noise levels above which action must be taken to reduce exposure
• Explain the risk assessment requirements
• Identify the control measures that should be taken to reduce exposure to noise
• Explain the requirements for hearing protection; how to use the different methods of hearing protection and the importance of maintaining hearing protection
• Explain the importance of health surveillance
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra’s HR Manager Amy Reid appointed the Scottish HR Leadership Group’s Operating Board to support the development of the HR community in Scotland.
Mintra are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our UK team.
A dropped object checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards and prevent dropped object incidents in the workplace.