Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Paint & Coatings - Inventory & Storage Training course is aimed at deck crew and personnel who require knowledge on the inventory and storage of paints and coatings.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing you with a basic understanding on the inventory and storage requirements of paints and coatings.
How will the course benefit my company?
By providing personnel with a basic understanding on the inventory and storage requirements of paints and coatings.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
• The Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships
• The European Union Ship Recycling Regulation
• Resolution MEPC.269(68) Guidelines for the Development of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain why paints and coatings are used on board ships
• Explain the purpose and safety requirement of the Paint Locker
• Explain the importance of Technical Data Sheets
• Explain the importance of Safety Data Sheets
• Explain the importance of effective inventory management
• Describe how to complete Part I of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials
End of course assessment with an 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.