Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Protection & Indemnity Awareness (Maritime) Training course is for Maritime personnel who require an introduction to or awareness of maritime Protection and Indemnity insurance.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide personnel with an awareness of the principles of maritime Protection and Indemnity Insurance.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an understanding of maritime Protection and Indemnity Insurance.
What standards are referred to in this course?
The Marine Insurance Act.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the perils faced at sea
• Give an overview of the Marine Insurance Act
• Describe the different types of marine insurance
• Explain how P&I clubs were established
• Explain how P&I insurance works
• Describe the process involved when a new member joins a P&I club
• Identify the areas that P&I insurance cover
• Identify the principles of P&I insurance
• Identify the disadvantages of P&I insurance
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...