Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Radar - Introduction Training course is aimed at personnel requiring an introduction to or awareness of radar systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course provides an introduction to radar systems and their use within the Maritime Industry.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a basic understanding of radar systems and their use.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Identify the purpose and use of radar systems
• Describe how a radar system works
• Describe the different elements in a typical radar system
• Summarise the steps involved in setting up performance controls to maintain an optimum radar picture
• Describe how to detect a target
End of course exam with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones