Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Social Media Awareness (Maritime) Training course is for all shipboard and shore-based personnel.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will raise your awareness of acceptable social media practices.
How will the course benefit my company?
Providing personnel with clear guidance on the safe and appropriate use of social media can reduce the risk of reputational damage and data protection breaches.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
• Explain what is meant by the terms ‘social media’ and ‘social networking’
• Describe the benefits of social media interactions
• Describe the risks of social media interactions
• Explain the purpose of a Social Media Policy
• Recognise how to use social media safely and professionally
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones