Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel requiring awareness or understanding of surface preparation methods.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to introduce learners to the requirements for maintaining surface preparation.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are introduced to the requirements for maintaining surface preparation.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define what is meant by ‘surface preparation’
• Explain the requirement for surface preparation
• Identify the possible implications of removing corrosion from corroded equipment
• Give an overview of different surface preparation methods
• Describe the different inspection techniques available for monitoring surface preparation
• Describe the control measures that should be considered when carrying out surface preparation
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,