Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This course is for seafarers who are involved in tank cleaning and wall wash operation on board vessels.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide learners with an awareness of tank cleaning and wall wash, as well as an overview of confined space entry and gas testing procedures.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by ensuring learners understand the importance of confined space entry and tank cleaning procedures and, in turn, will reduce related incidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
• The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL)
• The International Bulk Chemical Code (BC) Code
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the importance and purpose of tank cleaning and wall wash
• Explain what is meant by a confined space
• Describe the dangers that can be caused by confined space entry work
• Describe individuals’ roles and responsibilities involved in confined space entry work
• Explain how a risk assessment should be carried out
• Explain the requirements for gas testing before entering a confined space
• Identify acceptable levels for atmospheric test results
• Explain the purpose of a permit to work
• Give an overview of the personal protective equipment (PPE) that must be worn when entering a confined space
• Give an overview of safety measures you might consider before entering a confined space
• Identify regulatory requirements for dealing with tank washing
• Explain the procedure of tank cleaning and wall wash
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Prices from £37.50Buy Now
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,