Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All Maritime personnel involved in toolbox talks.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with guidance and useful techniques to help you carry out effective toolbox talks.
How will the course benefit my company?
Communication is vital to workplace safety. This course aims to provide personnel with the knowledge and techniques required to carry out effective toolbox talks.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Define what is meant by a toolbox talk
• Describe the communication process and explain its importance in carrying out a successful toolbox talk
• Describe the verbal communication process
• Describe the non-verbal communication process
• Identify the main components of a toolbox talk
• Identify the roles and responsibilities involved in a toolbox talk
• Summarise the key points of a toolbox talk
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark and two attempts.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com