Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Work Permit Awareness (Maritime) Training course is suitable for all personnel involved in carrying out tasks under a Permit to Work system and those responsible for the Control of Work.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide learners with an overview of the requirements and operation of a typical Permit to Work system
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring that personnel are familiar with the requirements and operation of a typical Permit to Work system.
What standards are referenced in the course?
The International Maritime Organization (IMO)
Health and Safety at Work Act
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the purpose of a permit to work system and identify when it applies
• Give examples of work which may require a work permit
• Identify the different work permits that are commonly used in the Maritime Industry
• Describe the validity and display requirements for work permits
• Give examples of common additional documentation that may be required to accompany a work permit
• Give an overview of key roles and responsibilities within the permit to work system
• Describe the individual roles and responsibilities of the different personnel involved in the permit to work process
• Explain the purpose of the toolbox talk
• Give an overview of work planning and risk assessment requirements
• Explain the key stages involved in issuing a work permit
• Identify the importance of stopping the job
• Describe what is involved in suspending a work permit
• Outline the requirements for permit renewal
• Describe what is involved in closing a work permit
• Describe shift handover responsibilities
• Outline the work completion requirements
• Identify training and competence requirements
• Identify the main legislative requirements for implementing a permit to work system
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark and two attempts.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Emmanolia Kolias appointed as the Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Board Member