Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Office Environmental Management & Awareness Training course is aimed at office-based individuals working in the UK, in any industry, who require a basic introduction to workplace environmental issues.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
All workplaces can have an impact on the environment, such as carbon emissions from energy use and waste from paper printouts. This course will give you an overview of the typical environmental impacts associated with an office and how these can be reduced.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to carry out your daily tasks with greater consideration for how they may affect the environment. It will also indicate the systems that your company may have in place for managing environmental issues.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the potential environmental impacts, you can contribute to the creation of a more environmentally-friendly workplace. You will also help your company to comply with environmental legislation and targets.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice and references the environmental management standards BS8555 and ISO14001.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the ways in which awareness of environmental issues can be raised within the office
• Outline the benefits associated with environmental management and awareness in the office
• Outline the environmental impacts associated with a typical office
• Describe the methods which can be used to reduce paper use in the office
• Explain that reducing energy use in the office can significantly improve environmental performance, and detail ways of achieving this
• Explain the methods for reducing water use in the office
• Describe how office workers can reduce their dependence on cars
• Explain how to minimise waste production
• Explain how environmental issues are managed
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.