Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the offshore oil and gas industry who require an introduction to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems used offshore.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are an essential utility used offshore to provide comfortable air temperatures, ventilation and safe air quality. This course will give you an overview of components used in the HVAC system and a basic understanding of how air quality is monitored and controlled.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to identify the areas offshore which are covered by HVAC. You will also discover how HVAC is used to provide protection in the temporary refuge in the event of an emergency.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how the HVAC system contributes to maintaining safe atmospheres, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Define Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and its importance in life offshore
• Identify the areas that are covered by HVAC offshore
• Explain how heated, ventilated and conditioned air is produced offshore
• Identify the key components of a Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System
• Identify the need for controlling the HVAC system’s air quality and pressure
• Identify the need for air samples to be taken, tested and recorded
End of course assessment with a 100% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com