Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who will be involved in decommissioning projects, or have a need to understand the process.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Well plugging and abandonment accounts for the largest expenditure associated with field decommissioning, so it is vital that those involved in the planning and execution of decommissioning activities have a good understanding of the options available and the processes involved. This course will give you a basic overview of the when and how well plugging and abandonment is carried out in the decommissioning process.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to plan decommissioning and dismantlement activities with a good understanding of the risks and challenges involved.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the factors to be considered during well plugging and abandonment, you can contribute to the successful and effective delivery of this costly and technically challenging part of the decommissioning process.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the aim of Well P&A and identify how it fits into the decommissioning timeline
• Describe the common well types and how they are constructed
• Identify types of well intervention
• Define the stages of the deconstruction process
• List the waste materials generated
• Describe key challenges in Well P&A
• Identify the potential risks to the schedule
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Remote proctoring solution enhances the integrity of online examinations
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com