Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Protection Systems Training course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who work on or require an understanding of electrical systems. The course is particularly suited to those who are new to the industry or job role as it provides an introduction to electrical protection systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Electrical systems require protection so that neither people nor equipment are hurt or damaged from the effects of abnormal conditions. This course will give you a basic understanding of the principles of protection and how they are applied to electrical systems.
The knowledge gained in this course will assure you that you are protected if you are required to work on electrical systems and equipment. You will also understand the importance of reporting any problems you encounter with power protection systems.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the protection systems in place on electrical systems, you will be better able to work safely with electrical systems and equipment.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify electrical protection systems
• Describe system earthing
• Describe high voltage systems earthing
• Describe low voltage systems earthing
• Describe equipment bonding and earth connections
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...