Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel requiring awareness and understanding of common spill events and actions taken to rectify.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
To provide learners with an awareness of the potential environmental impacts associated with spills, and the legislative and control measures in place to avoid these. This course also focuses on spill contingency planning and the spill response measures that should be taken in the event of a spill.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with spills, and the legislative and control measures in place to avoid these.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Merchant Shipping (Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response & Co-operation Convention) Regulations (OPRC)
Offshore Installations (Emergency Pollution Control) Regulations (EPC)
Offshore Petroleum Activities (Oil Pollution Prevention and Control) Regulations (OPPC)
Offshore Chemicals Regulations
Offshore Chemicals (Amendment) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%
• Explain the importance of preventing spills
• Describe the environmental impacts associated with spills
• Identify the potential sources of spills
• Describe the regulatory controls associated with spill prevention and spill response
• Explain the purpose of Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPs)
• Identify the actions to be taken, and the reporting requirements, in the event of a spill
• Describe the everyday actions that all personnel can take in order to prevent spills
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Prices from £37.50Buy Now
Prices from £58.33Buy Now
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,