Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel who require an awareness and understanding of various water injection methods.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide all relevant personnel with the knowledge required to understand water injection.
This course contains nine modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Water Injection
Module 2: Reservoirs and Rock Properties
Module 3: Waterflooding
Module 4: Injection Water Impurities
Module 5: Water Treatment
Module 6: Water Injection Systems
Module 7: Water Quality Monitoring
Module 8: Well Design and Construction
Module 9: Operation of the Water Injection System
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have the knowledge required to understand water injection
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define water injection
• Identify the reasons for water injection
• Explain the reasons for water injection
• Identify the reservoir drive mechanisms
• Describe the reservoir drive mechanisms
• Identify the factors that affect reservoir flow
• Describe the factors that affect reservoir flow
• Describe reservoir heterogeneities
• Identify how you would determine the characteristics of a reservoir
• Identify the types of analyses done on reservoirs
• Describe the types of analyses done on reservoirs
• Define waterflooding
• Describe the principles of waterflooding
• Identify the types of waterflood patterns
• Describe the types of waterflood patterns
• Identify the factors affecting the waterflooding process
• Explain the factors affecting the waterflooding process
• Identify the advantages of waterflooding
• Identify the types of source water that can be used for water injection
• Describe the types of source water that can be used for water injection
• Identify the impurities of seawater
• Describe the impurities of seawater
• Identify the types of scale in water
• Describe the types of scale in water
• Explain the importance of water source compatibility
• Identify the reasons why produced water needs to be treated
• Identify the different types of water treatment options
• Describe the different types of water treatment options
• Describe the main components of a water injection system
• Explain the purpose of seawater pumps
• Explain the purpose of filtration
• Explain the purpose of deaeration
• Explain the purpose of the injection pump system
• Explain the purpose of injection well manifolds
• Explain the requirement for water quality monitoring
• Explain the principle of particle size analysis
• Explain turbidity
• Describe different types of testing methods for monitoring water quality
• Describe a basic water injection well
• Explain how injection wells are designed
• Explain how injection wells are constructed
• Identify the operating parameters of wells
• Explain the operating parameters of wells
• Identify the key stages in starting up a water injection system
• Describe the key operating parameters of the water injection system
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,