SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Introduction to Wind Energy training course is for those who are interested in the fundamentals of wind energy.
Is previous experience required?
No experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will benefit learners by proving them with an overview of wind energy.
How will the course benefit my company?
This will benefit a company that is interested in implementing renewable energy into its practices, by highlighting the fundamentals of wind energy.
What standards are referenced in the course?
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO)
Is there an assessment?
• Give an overview of the history of wind energy
• Explain how the wind is created
• Describe the different types of wind turbines
• Describe the differences between onshore and offshore wind energy
• Give an overview of the operating principles of the wind turbine
• Identify each of the components of the wind turbine
• Explain the positive and negative impacts of wind farm developments
• Describe the repair and maintenance process for wind turbines
• Give an overview of the common hazards associated with wind turbines
• Explain the lifecycle of a wind turbine
• Give an overview of different types of wind turbine foundations
• Describe how a wind turbine is installed
• Describe what it is like to work on a wind turbine
• Give an overview of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) and the required training
• Describe the required skills and attributes of a potential wind turbine technician
• Describe the future of wind energy generation
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
A brand-new selection of digital learning titles to support global customers in navigating the energy transition and upskilling their workforce.
Mintra are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our UK team.
A dropped object checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards and prevent dropped object incidents in the workplace.