Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who carry out manual labour, work with machinery and powered equipment, or work at industrial sites.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Hand injuries can be serious and have long-lasting effects on both your life and work. This course will give you a basic understanding of the common types of workplace hand injury and the ways in which you can protect your hands while working.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and when working with vibrating equipment. It will also indicate how risks to hands are assessed and controlled.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how to protect your hands, you can reduce your risk of suffering an injury and help ensure that you are fit for work.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Identify common workplace hand injuries
• Outline the hierarchy of control and how it applies to hand safety
• Describe how to protect your hands from accidents and injury
• Outline the symptoms and effects of Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) and carpal tunnel syndrome
• Explain how the risks associated with vibration are assessed and controlled
End of course exam with a 100% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,