Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Separation Training course is for all relevant personnel
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
You will be introduced to the purpose of separation
This course contains ten modules:
Module 1: The Purpose of Separation
Module 2: Reservoir Fluids
Module 3: The Principles of Separation
Module 4: Separator Types
Module 5: Separator Construction
Module 6: Multi-stage Separation
Module 7: Separator Control
Module 8: Separator Operation
Module 9: Problems Associated with Separators
Module 10: New Separation Technology
How will this course benefit my company?
Ensure you are introduced to separation
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Outline the requirement for customer and environmental requirements
• Describe the removal of corrosive and poisonous gases
• Show how to process utility water
• Describe reservoir fluids
• Show how reservoirs are formed
• Discuss porosity and permeability
• Discuss the principles of traps
• Describe the other properties of reservoirs
• Describe the principles of separation
• Show how the residence time allows the various phases to separate out
• Describe the separation parameters that allow separation to take place
• Discuss the various types of separators
• Describe the four basic separation processes
• Describe the various pieces of separation equipment
• Discuss multi-stage separation
• Discuss separator design
• Describe separator functions
• Outline the internals of separators
• Describe the external separator fittings
• Give examples of when multi-stage separation is used
• Outline the restriction for multi-stage separation use
• Describe control loops
• Give details of the four control parameters
• Discuss the principles of separator shutdown
• Outline the start-up procedure
• Describe start-up through a Test Separator
• Discuss start-up after a short term shutdown
• Describe the main separator operating problems
• Describe the terms ‘carry over’ and ‘gas break through’
• Discuss the effects of instrument failure
• Give examples of emulsions, foaming, slugs and hydrates
• Outline the introduction of new separation technology
• Discuss the need for new separation technology
• Give examples of the introduction of new technology
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...