Who is the course for?
This Slips, Trips and Falls Training course is aimed at all individuals as slips, trips and falls can occur in any workplace, in any industry, anywhere in the world.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Slips, trips and falls are some of the world's most common workplace injuries. This course will give you a basic understanding of what can cause slips, trips and falls and how they can be prevented.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and avoid accidents and injuries. It will also indicate the responsibilities that both you and your employer have for preventing slips, trips and falls.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the potential consequences of slips, trips and falls, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Define slips, trips and falls
• Identify who is responsible for health and safety at work and the prevention of slips, trips and falls
• Identify the most common causes of slips, trips and falls
• Explain how to prevent slips, trips and falls
End of course assessment with a 100% pass mark.
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
Did you know that slips, trips, or falls had the highest rate of non-fatal injuries in the UK in 2019, as reported in the HSE RIDDOR report?
Mintra will be exhibiting at Maritime Cyprus 2022, and co-sponsoring the opening reception, one of the most significant maritime events globally.