Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an awareness of how wax may be formed and controlled and the effects that it can have on pipeline flow. The course examines what wax is and how it is formed. It discusses flow assurance, details the risks of pipeline plugging by wax, and outlines the various methods of controlling wax formation.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of how wax may be formed and controlled and the effects that it can have on pipeline flow.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what wax is, the conditions it forms under, and the risks it can create
• Identify where and when in a typical condensate or oil system wax may occur and explain how wax influences viscosity and deposits to form blockages
• Describe how wax deposition conditions may be prevented from occurring during typical operating states and explain how the rate of deposition may be slowed down
• Explain how wax can be removed after it has deposited, and identify the risks that may occur during removal
• Describe how wax deposition can be estimated and measured and explain how these values influence field operating practice
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV