Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Active Shooter Training course is aimed at individuals working in any industry who may find themselves caught up in an active shooter incident.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
An active shooter – an individual who is actively engaged in killing people – could attack anywhere, at any time. Although it's unlikely that you would be involved in such an incident, it is important to be prepared so that you can react safely. This course will give you a basic understanding of active shooter incidents and how to respond.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to identify potentially dangerous situations and to respond effectively if you are ever caught up in an incident. The course also describes how to identify suitable cover and hiding places.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of what to do in an active shooter scenario, you can reduce your own risk and help to keep others safe too. The information in the course is applicable to both workplace incidents and incidents that may occur when travelling for business.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the importance of familiarizing yourself with your surroundings
• State how to recognize potentially violent individuals in the workplace
• Identify vulnerable times and locations
• Describe suitable hiding places and cover
• List the actions to take in the event of an incident
• Describe how to move safely
• Explain how to defend against or fight an active shooter
• Outline the process for reporting an attack
• Summarize the actions to take in the event of other types of incident
• State the actions to take upon the arrival of law enforcement
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.