Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All relevant personnel.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide you with an awareness of bloodborne pathogens, common modes of transmission, methods of prevention, and what to do if exposure occurs.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the bloodborne pathogens, common modes of transmission, methods of prevention, and what to do if exposure occurs.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define what is meant by the term ‘bloodborne pathogens’
• Identify the traits and symptoms of Hepatitis B
• Identify the traits and symptoms of HIV
• Identify modes of transmission for bloodborne pathogens
• Explain the purpose of an Exposure Control Plan
• Give examples of preventive control measures that can reduce or eliminate exposure
• Give an overview of the proper usage and handling of personal protective equipment
• Describe decontamination best practice for blood and other potentially infectious materials
• Describe the actions to take if an exposure incident occurs
• Identify the measures to be taken if the skin or eyes are exposed to infectious material
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra's free live webinar will bring together voices from across the maritime industry.