Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who work on or require an understanding of electrical systems. The course is particularly suited to those who are new to the industry or job role as it provides an introduction to electrical power distribution.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
The knowledge gained in this course will help you outline the different types of switchgear and transformers
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the different types of switchgear and transformers
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe switchgear
• Describe types of switchgear
• Describe switchgear features
• Describe transformers
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV