Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Cultural Awareness Training course is aimed at individuals required to travel to or work in Arab countries. It is also suitable for those who work with business associates located in Arab countries.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Working with people from a different cultural background can be tricky as you don't have the same set of expectations and behavioural norms. This course will give you a basic understanding of Arab culture, including social and business practices.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to work effectively in Arab countries or with people from Arab countries. It will also indicate the cultural practices that you should be familiar with for conducting business.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the cultural expectations in Arab countries, you can carry out business dealings effectively and form good business relationships.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what is meant by the word Muslim
• Explain what is meant by the name ‘Allah’
• Explain what the Holy Qur’an is
• Explain what is meant by Islam as ‘Deen’
• Explain who the Prophet Muhammad is
• Identify the different Muslim beliefs
• Identify the five pillars of Islam
• Describe the five pillars of Islam
• Explain what is meant by Halal and Haram
• Explain what the term Jihad refers to
Exam in eLearning Course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones