CPD and HCA accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals involved in the handling of dangerous goods for shipment by air.
This course is suitable for use as a pre-requisite for the OPITO approved Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) training courses.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Regulations must be followed so that dangerous goods can be transported by air without endangering the aircraft, passengers or crew. This course will give you a basic understanding of the regulations for shipping dangerous goods by air, including their labelling, packing and stowage.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe while handling dangerous goods in your day-to-day activities and if there is an emergency situation. It will also outline the documentation required to accompany goods for transportation.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the requirements for shipping dangerous goods by air, you contribute to the safety of your workplace, your fellow workers and yourself, while enabling cargo shipments to be made safely and successfully.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written in reference to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations. The course is accredited by the Helideck Certification Agency (HCA). The course certificate is valid for two years.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
The course starts with an optional pre-assessment that checks your existing knowledge of the course topics. The course will restructure so that it only contains the content needed to address the gaps in your knowledge.
• Define the meaning of dangerous goods by air
• Recall the legislation and regulations governing dangerous goods
• Identify dangerous goods carried by passengers and crew
• Identify excepted and limited quantities
• Identify equipment that is part of operational and airworthiness limitations
• Distinguish between the classifications of dangerous goods
• Identify the meaning of subsidiary risk
• Identify packing groups and types of packaging
• Recall the types of labelling required for goods
• Identify the IATA list of dangerous goods
• Recall the shipper’s responsibilities
• Recall the documentation required for shipping dangerous goods by air
• Identify the requirements for loading and shipping dangerous goods by air
• Recall the steps required for damaged packages
• Identify emergency situations and how to deal with them
• Identify incidents and how to report them
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is HCA accredited. The Helideck Certification Agency (HCA) is the world's leading authority on all matters relating to the safe and compliant operation of helicopter landing areas - onshore, offshore and afloat. www.helidecks.org
The voice of Apple's virtual assistant may be familiar to workers who have completed Mintra eLearning courses
Mintra sponsors International SOS Duty of Care Awards