Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Dropped Objects Training course is aimed at those who work on assets where there is a risk that objects will fall from height, such as onshore and offshore facilities, warehouses or storerooms.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Dropped objects can cause serious or even fatal injuries, as well as damage to assets and equipment. This course will give you a basic understanding of the common causes of dropped objects, their potential consequences and how these can be prevented.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and protect yourself, your colleagues and your asset from dropped objects. It will also outline the responsibilities that you and your employer have for preventing dropped objects.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of dropped objects, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practices. The course references the DROPS calculator, created by the Dropped Object Prevention Scheme.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define dropped objects
• Identify where and when dropped objects may be encountered
• Describe the possible consequences of dropped objects
• Describe the control measures that are applied to prevent or reduce the impact of dropped objects
• Outline employers’ responsibilities for controlling dropped objects
• Summarise your responsibilities for controlling dropped objects
• Recall how safe lifting operations and good housekeeping can help control dropped objects
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
Mintra will be exhibiting at Maritime Cyprus 2022, and co-sponsoring the opening reception, one of the most significant maritime events globally.
Mintra has released an interactive, scenario-based digital learning tool to develop critical thinking & encourage practical application of cybercrime