SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
CPD and IOSH accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Dropped Objects Training course is aimed at those who work on assets where there is a risk that objects will fall from height, such as onshore and offshore facilities, warehouses or storerooms.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Dropped objects can cause serious injuries as well as damage to assets and equipment. This course will give you a basic understanding of the common causes of dropped objects, their potential consequences and how they can be prevented.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by ensuring that personnel are aware of the risk dropped objects present, their common causes and how they can be prevented.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• Occupational Safety and Health Act (USA)
• Health and Safety at Work Act (UK)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Recall what a ‘dropped object’ is
• Identify the common causes of dropped objects and their consequences and explain the importance of eliminating, or reducing the risk of, incidents occurring
• Identify the duties of employers and employees in eliminating dropped object incidents
• Identify areas with a high potential for injury to personnel should a dropped object incident occur
• Identify examples of bad practice
• Recognise the measures that should be taken to control the risk of falling objects
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the world’s Chartered body for safety and health professionals. The IOSH brand stands for excellent products, high-quality standards and thought leadership in safety and health. IOSH approval means that the course content contains relevant health and safety information, courses are pitched at the appropriate level and meet the highest standards for trainer competence and course quality.
Prices from £25.00Buy Now
A dropped object checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards and prevent dropped object incidents in the workplace.
‘Preparing for SIRE 2.0, RightShip and Port State Control Inspections’
At SAFETY4SEA Forum, Mintra’s Project Manager Marvin Bielek discuss the rapid speed at which technologies are changing the maritime industry.