Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at who work on assets where there is a risk that objects will fall from height, such as onshore and offshore facilities, warehouses or storerooms.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Dropped objects can cause serious or even fatal injuries, as well as damage to assets and equipment. This course will give you a basic understanding of the common causes of dropped objects, their potential consequences and how these can be prevented.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and protect yourself, your colleagues and your asset from dropped objects. It will also outline the responsibilities that you and your employer have for preventing dropped objects.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of dropped objects, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice. The course references the DROPS calculator, created by the Dropped Object Prevention Scheme.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define dropped objects
• Identify where and when dropped objects may be encountered
• Describe the possible consequences of dropped objects
• Describe the control measures that are applied to prevent or reduce the impact of dropped objects
• Outline employers’ responsibilities for controlling dropped objects
• Summarise your responsibilities for controlling dropped objects
• Recall how safe lifting operations and good housekeeping can help control dropped objects
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
The Work Shop Pte Ltd has been appointed as a partner to support sales in the region
Scott Kerr, board member of Mintra Holding AS, has today, October 14th, purchased 120,000 shares in Mintra Holding AS, at an average share price of...