Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals in the oil and gas industry who are required to work with motors, or who require a basic understanding of their operation.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Motors are used throughout the oil and gas industry to power plant and machinery. This course will give you a basic overview of the different types of motor commonly used and how they operate.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe when you are required to work with each type of motor. It will also identify the key differences between the motor types.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how each type of motor functions, you are better able to work with motors safely which can help to reduce the risk of incidents at your worksite.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify different types of motors
• Describe asynchronous motors
• Describe synchronous motors
• Describe AC variable speed drives
• Describe DC motors
• Describe single phase motors
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV