Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Fire Warden Awareness Training course is for personnel requiring an understanding & awareness of the role of a fire warden or have recently been allocated this role or require a refresher.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide Fire Wardens with an overview of the knowledge that they need to carry out their duties safely and effectively in line with industry best practice
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the knowledge needed to carry out duties safely and effectively in line with industry best practice
What standards are referred to in this course?
Health and Safety at Work Act
The Fire (Scotland) Act
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the responsibilities of employers and employees
• Identify key fire safety legislative requirements
• Recognise how to keep the workplace safe
• Identify what should be considered during a fire safety risk assessment
• Explain what to do upon hearing the fire alarm or upon discovering a fire
• Identify the fire triangle and explain how it works
• Identify typical ignition sources
• Identify typical fuel sources
• Explain how oxygen supports the fire triangle
• Explain how fire spreads
• Describe the dangers of smoke
• Describe how to extinguish a fire
• Give an overview of the different fire classifications
• Explain what is meant by ‘flashpoint’ and ‘ignition temperature’
• Describe different types of fire-fighting equipment
• Describe the responsibilities of a Fire Warden
• Identify different fire prevention measures
• Explain the actions you should take in a fire situation
• Identify key fire safety information and explain where it should be displayed
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones