Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Hydrate Formation & Control Training course is for Process Operators
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide awareness of how gas hydrates may be formed and the effects that they can have on pipeline flow assurance. The course examines what hydrates are, how they are formed and their molecular structure. It discusses flow assurance, details the risks of pipeline plugging by hydrates, and outlines the various methods of controlling hydrate formation.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of how gas hydrates may be formed and the effects that they can have on pipeline flow assurance.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe what hydrates are, the conditions they form under, and the risks they pose
• Give an overview of the factors that change the conditions that hydrates form under, and describe how these conditions can be assessed
• Explain where and when, in a typical oil or gas system, hydrate conditions may occur and how they may collect to form blockages
• Describe how hydrate conditions may be prevented from occurring during typical operating states
• Explain how hydrate blockages may be dissociated after they have formed, and the risks that may occur with dissociation
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones